In my search for a starting point, I reviewed the notes I had taken from our last meeting with Cousin Hattie after the 2009 George Family Reunion. During our visit, in the midst of my interview, she began asking me questions about my life with her favorite cousin's youngest son. By the time we were ready to leave, she made me promise to write a book. . . but where should that book begin?
I started looking at family legends and soon a story began to take shape. In order to better analyze family relationships of those who are now gone, leaving no record but bits of memories entrusted to their children, I started a timeline with the census, birth, marriage and death information I had obtained through Ancestry.com, obituaries, and land documents from the County Registry of Deeds.
Each piece of information was given it's own place on the timeline. The next step was to find what historical events occurred during that period. I found an interesting and easy to use timeline generator called, OurTimeLines.com-Create Timeline.
Soon I began to see gaps that needed exploration . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Private Martin Black: Revolutionary War Pension File (S41441), Part 2
In March, I shared the transcription of Private Martin Black's Revolutionary War Pension File , in which he described his service in mo...
-
When I was first contacted last October to assist in some research for a member of the DAR who was looking for the burial ground of her ance...
-
In all, there are forty-five images in the Estate File of Isaac Dove (1826). Each page contains clues to various aspects of his life and his...
-
February is Family History Writing Month During the month of February, I went on hiatus from the Civil War Pension File of Isaac Carter in ...
No comments:
Post a Comment